We help you to find the best venues, most exciting adventures and reliable partners.
Visit Espoo is a subsidiary of Espoo City. Our main task is to promote Espoo as a potential destination for future international congresses, meetings and events. We collaborate actively with local entrepreneurs working on the fields of tourism, business travel and congresses.
Our long experience in meetings and congresses together with a wide range of venues and options for accommodation translates as high-quality service throughout your visit.
We offer objective assistance free of charge, we:
- help you to find the most suitable venue and partnerships
- help to prepare necessary bid documents and other materials
- coordinate site inspection visits
- make preliminary reservations of conference facilities and accommodation
- provide promotional material
- assist you to plan social program
- assist you to make the preliminary budget
- take care of hospitality arrangements with the city of Espoo
- provide information on state subsidy for organizing international conferences and national seminars
Apply for City reception
The city of Espoo provides city welcoming receptions around 10 international scientific conferences per year based on application. Applications should contain background information of the organization and the conference (details of previous congresses: locations, number of participants etc.), scientific scope, number of delegates, desired date for the reception and contact information for further information.
Please send your application by email to email@example.com.
State subsidy for organizing international conferences and national seminars
The state subsidy is intended for organizing recurrent international conferences and meetings in Finland. Priority is given for scientific conferences. The allocated funding can usually be maximum 30 percent of the total budget of the conference. A significant part of the expenses should be covered with participation fees. If the revenue exceeds expenses in the final accounting report, an amount equalling the received aid must be repaid to the Federation of the Finnish Learned Societies.
National seminars, workshops and other meetings receiving funding should reinforce research, promote discussion on science policy and increase contacts between researchers and their stakeholders. Funding can be granted also for events aiming at assessing the status or the research capacity of a certain field of research, as well as the need for further research and new research programs. More information from Federation of Finnish Learned Socities.
Networks and Memberships
Visit Espoo is member of several national and international networks, such as:
- ICCA - International Congress and Convention Association www.iccaworld.com
- MPI Meeting Professionals International / MPI Finland Chapter www.mpiweb.org
- ABC - Alliance of Brain Cities www.brain-cities.com
- CNF Congress Network Finland www.cnf-ry.fi
Conferences, Meetings, Incentives - brochure
Brochure includes information about venues, programme services, transportation etc.
Read the brochure
Congress team at your service:
Director, Convention & Tourism
International Conferences, Sports Events
+358 43 824 6038
Meetings & Incentives
+358 43 824 6219