We help you to find the best venues, most exciting adventures and reliable partners.
Visit Espoo is a subsidiary of Espoo City. Our main task is to promote Espoo as a potential destination for future international congresses, meetings, and events. We collaborate actively with local entrepreneurs working in the fields of tourism, business travel, and congresses.
Our long experience in meetings and congresses together with a wide range of venues and options for accommodation translates as high-quality service throughout your visit.
We offer objective assistance free of charge, we:
- help you to find the most suitable venue and partnerships
- help to prepare necessary bid documents and other materials
- coordinate site inspection visits
- make preliminary reservations of conference facilities and accommodation
- provide promotional material
- assist you to plan a social program
- assist you to make the preliminary budget
- take care of hospitality arrangements with the city of Espoo
- provide information on state subsidy for organizing international conferences and national seminars
Apply for city reception/hospitality
Applying for city hospitality for international congresses 2023 is in progress.
The city of Espoo provides city welcoming receptions around 10 international scientific conferences per year based on application.
Applications for hospitality are submitted directly through the application form with information about the congress and its organizer, sustainability work, and wishes regarding the city hospitality/city reception. Hospitality can be applied for, for example, as an evening reception, including a light meal, as part of the congress's official dinner, or as an excursion to Espoo's nature, for example in the form of an archipelago cruise. Hospitality can also be applied for a virtual and hybrid conference.
State subsidy for organizing international conferences and national seminars
The state subsidy is intended for organizing recurrent international conferences and meetings in Finland. Priority is given to scientific conferences. The allocated funding can usually be a maximum 30 percent of the total budget of the conference. A significant part of the expenses should be covered with participation fees. If the revenue exceeds expenses in the final accounting report, an amount equalling the received aid must be repaid to the Federation of the Finnish Learned Societies.
National seminars, workshops, and other meetings receiving funding should reinforce research, promote discussion on science policy and increase contacts between researchers and their stakeholders. Funding can be granted also for events aiming at assessing the status of the research capacity of a certain field of research, as well as the need for further research and new research programs. More information from Federation of Finnish Learned Socities.
Networks and Memberships
Visit Espoo is a member of several national and international networks, such as:
- ICCA - International Congress and Convention Association www.iccaworld.com
- MPI Meeting Professionals International / MPI Finland Chapter www.mpiweb.org
- ABC - Alliance of Brain Cities
- CNF Congress Network Finland www.cnf-ry.fi
Conferences, meetings, incentives - brochure
The brochure includes information about venues, program services, etc.
Congress team at your service
Director, Convention & Tourism
International Conferences, Sports Events
+358 43 824 6038
Meetings & Incentives
+358 43 824 6219